STREET CLEANING AND SCRAPING
In an effort to keep your streets safe and clean, the Street Department asks citizens not to park long term on the streets in order for the street flusher to wash the streets and for streets to be scraped by snow plows during bad weather. Spring is time for street paving and several streets are scheduled to be paved each year.
The Town of Canton contracts with Waste Pro for household garbage and recycling pickup. This collection is on a weekly basis and from the curbside every FRIDAY. You may contact Waste Pro at 828-684-7790, email@example.com, or Canton Town Hall at 828-648-2363 to resolve any pickup issues.
HOLIDAY SCHEDULE 2022
- MAY 30 (Memorial Day): Service day will be Saturday JUN 4
- JUL 4 (Independence Day): Service day will be Saturday JUL 9
- SEP 5 (Labor Day): Service day will be Saturday SEP 10
- NOV 24 (Thanksgiving): Service day will be Saturday NOV 26
If you need to have any brush, debris, or any of the items listed below picked up by the Street Department please fill out an online work order or call it in to Town Hall at 828-648-2363 during regular business hours Monday – Friday, 7:30am – 4:00pm.
The Town will provide free pick up of the following items:
- Household junk, appliances, furniture and electronics but is unable to accept construction debris of any kind. Furniture, appliances, and electronics must be placed at the curb.
- Carpet can be picked up, but a charge will be made based on the weight of the material.
- Grass, brush and limbs.
- Bagged leaves and grass will be picked up year round at the curb.
- Fall Leaf Pickup: Special arrangements are made that if you rake or blow leaves to the curb from October 31 through December 31, 2022 the vacuum truck will come by once a week to suck them up without being bagged. IMPORTANT: All other times they must be bagged for pick up.
- Brush must be stacked and limbs must be no larger than 3” in diameter and 6’ in length. All must be stacked at the curb with cut ends facing the curb.
IMPORTANT: The Town of Canton will NOT pickup nor remove brush, limbs, or similar forms of debris which result from contracted work being performed. It is the responsibility of the property owner or tenant to have such brush, limbs, or similar forms of debris removed at their own expense.