HOURS OF OPERATION
7 Days a week: Dawn till Dusk
EMERGENCIES: If you have an emergency call 9-1-1. For other issues, contact Town of Canton at 828-648-2363.
Ben Williams, Recreation Director
A Park For Happy Dogs!
The Canton Dog park is located in Rec Park at 77 Penland Street, nestled between the basketball courts and the Pigeon River. This off-leash park features a large and a small dog area. On each side there are benches to sit and watch your dogs play, a water station, and dog waste stations with waste bags provided.
DOG PARK RULES
- USE PARK AT YOUR OWN RISK – Owners are legally responsible for the actions and behavior of their dog(s) at all times.
- Dog waste must be cleared up IMMEDIATELY by the dog’s owner.
- Owners must be within the dog park and supervising their dog(s) at all times with leash readily available. Limit three dogs per person.
- All children under age twelve must be accompanied by an adult.
- Pet treats and food are not allowed inside the dog park.
- This is a non-smoking facility.
- Dogs must be leashed while entering and exiting the park.
- Dogs must remain leashed at all times when outside of the dog park.
- Leashes must be removed once securely inside the dog park.
- No aggressive dogs allowed. Aggressive dogs should be leashed and removed immediately.
- Dogs in heat and puppies under four months of age are not allowed.
- All dogs must be properly vaccinated.
- Dogs should be under voice control by their owners.
- Human and dog food/treats
- Sick dogs
- Dogs in heat
- Aggressive dogs
- Glass containers
- Puppies (under four months old)