NEW/ADDITIONAL COVID-19 RULES & REGULATIONS:
Following Gov. Cooper’s Phase 2 regulations the pool capacity is currently 150 patrons allowed within the facility and no more than 60 patrons allowed in the water at one time. To accommodate this each patron will be provided 1 of 3 different color wristbands upon entry. Swimmers of 1 particular color will be allowed to swim for a period of time, when that designated time has elapsed that color will be asked to get out of the water so that another colored wristband may circulate in and so forth. This is being done to ensure that everyone has the opportunity to swim and enjoy their time at the facility.
- ALL that enter pool area must be wearing a MASK at all times unless in the pool water.
- Only HAYWOOD COUNTY residents will be admitted (patrons 16+ must provide a valid id or license for entry)
- All patrons under 16 must be accompanied by an adult
- Drop-offs are not allowed at this time
- All patron’s temperatures will be screened at gate. Anyone with a temperature over 98.9 degrees will not be allowed to enter the facility
- We encourage you to adhere to 6ft social distancing guidelines between groups. We have marked areas within the facility that allow for this
- ALL other rules for the facility still apply. The above rules are subject to change during this pandemic.
- The Champion Credit Union Aquatics Center will operate on Saturdays and Sundays ONLY from August 16th through September 7th (Labor Day) 2020.
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Saturday: 11:00am – 5:00pm
Tuesday & Thursday (extended hours): 11:00am – 7:30pm
Sunday: 1:00pm – 5:00pm
$5 per person/per visit* CASH ONLY
*Children 2 & under = Free
10 visit Pool Passes will be available for purchase at the Aquatic Center = $45.00
Patrons are solely responsible for keeping up with and maintaining passes. The Town of Canton will under no circumstances replace or refund lost or damaged pool passes
We are currently not offering swimming lessons at this time.
The facility will be open for Lap Swim on Monday -Friday from 10:00am – 11:00am . The cost is $3.00 each person per visit.
Food trucks will be a Recreation Park on a rotating basis. Guests are welcome to bring their own food/drink into pool area. NO glass or alcohol allowed.
The Swimming Pool facility is available for rental for pool parties on Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday’s. Contact 648-2363 for more information. NOTE: Due to COVID-19 Pool Parties will be limited to groups of 25 or less at this time.
5:30pm – 6:30pm = $100 Rental Fee + $15/hr/guard
5:30pm – 7:30pm = $200 Rental Fee + $15/hr/guard
The number of lifeguards required to work a pool party is dependent on the approximate number of attendants expected. Minimum of 2 lifeguards required.
To request additional information or to schedule a pool party, please contact: Canton Town Hall @ (828) 648-2363.
In the case of inclement weather the pool must be cleared for safety reasons. This may alter, temporarily suspend and/or cancel pool activities of any kind (regular pool hours and/or pool parties).
Rain Check/Refund Policy:
Under no circumstances will the Champion Credit Union Aquatic Center or the Town of Canton issue any rain-checks or a refund of money.
For more information, please contact:
Champion Credit Union Aquatic Center @ (828) 648-2363 or (828) 646-3411