IN THIS SECTION YOU WILL FIND:
– Dates and times of any scheduled Public Hearings to be held by the Town of Canton’s Planning Board and/or Mayor and Board;
– Information related to any proposed changes to the Town of Canton’s Code of Ordinances (Draft Language/Ordinances, etc); and/or
– Other relevant information deemed necessary to include and make our community aware of.
Note: You may view and print the material by clicking the links provided below.
1) Public Hearing set for Thursday, May 23rd , 2019 @ 6:30pm in the Town Hall Board Chambers –
For the purpose
The Town of Canton will hold a public hearing on the 2019-2020 proposed budget on May 23, 2019, 6:30 p.m. in the Town Hall Board Chambers, at which time any person who wishes to be heard on the budget may appear. All interested citizens will have the opportunity to give written and oral comment. A copy of the proposed budget is on file in the office of the Town Clerk. This hearing is open to the public.
2) Public Hearing set for Thursday, May 23rd, 2019 @ 6:30pm in the Town Hall Board Chambers –
Notice is hereby given of a Public Hearing to discuss the Town of Canton and Canton First Baptist Church entering into a one-year lease agreement in the amount of $1.00, for the use of the property to construct a community garden of raised vegetable and flower beds located at 45 Penland Street (8656-79-1693). The Mayor and Board of Aldermen/women will discuss the adoption of a Resolution to approve this agreement in the Board Chambers of the Canton Town Hall on May 23, 2019 at 6:30 p.m. All interested citizens will have the opportunity to give written and oral comment.
A copy of the proposed agreement can be obtained at the Town Hall for review. Interested persons are invited to attend.