IN THIS SECTION YOU WILL FIND:
– Dates and times of any scheduled Public Hearings to be held by the Town of Canton’s Planning Board and/or Mayor and Board;
– Information related to any proposed changes to the Town of Canton’s Code of Ordinances (Draft Language/Ordinances, etc); and/or
– Other relevant information deemed necessary to include and make our community aware of.
Note: You may view and print the material by clicking the links provided below.
1) Public Hearing set for Thursday, Sept 28th, 2017 @ 6:30pm in the Town Hall Board Chambers –
For the purpose of considering a request to close a portion of an unnamed and unopened ROW intersecting with Skyland Terrace and Thomson Ave. For more information contact the Town Clerk at 648-2363. This hearing is open to the public.
2) Public Hearing set for Thursday, Oct 12th, 2017 @ 6:30pm in the Town Hall Board Chambers –
For the purpose of considering a request made to the Town of Canton that it approve the allowance for the sale of alcoholic beverages before noon on Sundays. This power was allowed for by the NC General Assembly in Session Law 2017-87 and whereas Session 2017-87, Section 4(C) added Section N.C.G.S. 160A-205.3 which permits individual cities to adopt an ordinance implementing the provisions of that law.
For more information contact the Town Clerk at 648-2363. This hearing is open to the public. To access all of the provisions included in NC General Assembly Session Law 2017-87 click here . The allowances provided for Section 4(C) will be all that the Town of Canton will be considering.